Monday 1 March 2010


+ I haven't been to church in thirteen years, but I'm better prepared for heaven than most of those that haven't missed a day.

+ The music that really turns me on is either running toward God or away from God. Both recognize the pivot, that God is at the center of the jaunt.

+ I don't go into the writing process with any idea of what's going to come out and I don't have much control over what does. In a way, I never really expect them to see the light of day or certainly to ever get recorded. I certainly don't sit down to write lyrics with any desire to reveal anything. It's not what I'm trying to do.

Sheila Chandra quotes

::: british/indian singer :::

+ I didn’t know how to manufacture an opportunity, but I was determined that when a chance came my way I would be ready.

+ Thank you for the tragedy. I need it for my art.

+ I opened the door for a lot of people, and they just ran through and left me holding the knob.

+ Music has that power because music is not like politicians. Music is always there. Politicians come in every four or five years, lie to the people, get what they want at that time, and disappear, but music is there every time. It can change the world.

+ A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.

+ I took on boxing just to get the stress out. Plus I chilled out a lot as far as the drinking and the drugs and all that stuff. Just chillin' out on that made me see things a lot clearer and learn to rationalize a lot more.

+ The best that the majority of working contemporary artists can hope for is a paltry, uneven return for their creative effort.

+ Listening to music, someone’s gone ahead making a wind pattern and you’re following in the shadow of that pattern and moving through it. When you’re in the front singing, you’re the beginning.

+ Sometimes I think to talk too much about music almost cheapens it.

+ My goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive.. the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance.

+ All those rich lists in the Sunday Times are so far off the mark. I don't know about anyone else's, but mine definitely is. It used to go up millions even though I'd just been sitting around doing nothing.

+ As an artist I've been saying for a long time we only have one world.

+ Record companies, believe me, no matter what record company you're with, they're going to try to hype you, because, really, all record companies are interested in is making money.

+ Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.

+ I'm not into progression. I'm not into fusion. I'm not into any of this shit, yeah? I'm just into doing what we do, you know what I mean, yeah?

+ Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.

+ My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music will go on forever.

+ I am not reggae, I am me. I am bigger than the limits that are put on me. It all has to do with the individual journey that the individual is on.

+ I would have been an athlete, but I had a lot of childhood illnesses that developed a solitude and a deepening and fostered "artisticness."

Brian Molko - Placebo singer

::: placebo :::

+ We decided that we weren't going to burn brightly and fast; that the main goal was to become the biggest band in the world - but to take your time and do it at the right pace
+ Rock stars have a tendency to die very young or grow old very slowly.

+ O great creator of being grant us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives.

+ Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away.

+ I demand perfection in what I do and I practice very hard before I give a concert.. sometimes three to six hours a day.

+ The only time I feel genuinely young is when I am going out on stage and I can just forget about the rest of the world.

+ I was drawn to music that addressed the spirit, probably because my own needed to be addressed.

+ Dancing and singing were always like games to me. I sang constantly.

+ One thing I don't feel is separation from the crowd. I don't feel like we're speaking from a platform, I feel like we are communicating on the same level.

+ I've become more comfortable, knowing that I can sleep until two and hang out until ten in the morning and don't have to worry about losing my job. But I'm not a big star. I'm not even a twinkle.. I'm just a rumour.

No comments:

Post a Comment